Business Development Manager
Wordego Online Advertising Network is a self service advertising platform designated for small and medium size internet advertisers and web publishers. Wordego buys inventory directly from over 5000 publishers in Turkey, MENA, APAC, Europe and US and sells them to over 2000 advertisers and ad networks around the World. We aim to only work with high quality advertisers and publishers and our customer base is being built by inside Business Development teams based in Istanbul, Chicago, Dubai and Baku.
What part will you play?
As a Business Development Manager you will be working in the Wordego Business Development team in Istanbul. You will be responsible for prospecting and growing the network of global advertisers and publishers working with Wordego. A successful candidate will bring a proven background in acquiring new business and will have strong and demonstrable skills in cold calling, sales pitches and general business development. You will then monitor, optimize and incubate these new relationships to help with increasing our revenue and margins, along with cultivating a strong and productive relationship with customers.
What will you be doing?
- Prospect for new clients and react to customer requests.
- Secure new customers by contacting small – medium size advertisers, publishers, ad networks and other partners with a view to securing access to high value and high performing advertiser and publisher inventory.
- Meet or exceed market growth goals by managing your pipeline and live accounts in accordance with the standards expected at Wordego.
- Tracking customer performance and ensuring timely optimization of campaigns and ad placements.
- Contribute to building the Wordego brand in your market.
- Where applicable liaise with international colleagues for global deals.
- Educated to degree level (master level is a plus).
- 2-4 years of experience in sales or business development (or similar) roles (online experience is a bonus).
- Experience of cold calling, e-mail marketing and face to face pitches.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to pitch comprehensive online advertising and publishing solutions over the telephone.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals.
- Understanding of the online advertising industry.
- Preferable knowledge of ad serving technology.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A strong desire to succeed and demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a team environment.
- Extremely proactive, organized, responsible, and proven ability to work well with a team.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- A second European language is a plus.
Join us to contribute to one of the fastest growing, leading edge technologies in online industry. We work hard, play hard and we share the same passion for e-commerce, advertising and technology. We value team work, openness, technical innovation, and results-orientated thinking. Wordego corporate culture is all about attracting and retaining the best talent. We aim to reward excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates.